View Single Post
Old Feb 29th, 2024, 18:16   #35
OldEngineer

Default Avila to Volvo

Just adding to this debate.

I have a multi car through Aviva (probably for 6 years) covering a V40CC and a V90. The renewal came in at £1156 (last year £984). Aviva don’t make it easy to renew because of an automated phone system that does not have the right options. I eventually yelled “operator” and in its melt down finally gave a ring tone. Nice operator that said I could do it all on line. You can’t. I wanted to swap the primary drivers between cars. She said it can happen after renewal but could not forecast the effect of the change.

So I went to LV+ and got a quote of £931 but hiding the APR for monthly payments. This turned out to be 24.9% so it became £1017 (Aviva 13.5%)

Then I investigated Volvo. Turns out it is organised by a subsidiary of LV+
All owned by Allianz. In fact, Wrisk Transfer Limited are the administrators but underwritten by Highway Insurance Company Limited a division of LV+ trading from the site of Allianz.

The quote is Monthly (without multicar available) but becomes £869 with no interest rate charged. And lower excesses (even windscreen). So, the real comparison…

Aviva £1156
LV+ £1017
Volvo £869