View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2024, 23:03   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackass View Post
I downloaded the full Europe map update to a USB stick as the OTA update of North West Europe had failed to install.

I plugged my USB stick in and sat in the car with the ignition on (and a battery charger attached) for about an hour. The update reached about 96% complete and then the infotainment decided to turn itself off.

I started the engine and the update restarted, but the bonnet was open and so i had a constant warning tone. I made the mistake of getting out to close the bonnet which obviously turned everything off - the update was at 99%.

Now when I get in the car it tells me navigation is unavailable and to install with USB. Unfortunately before the USB is connected it "starts" the OTA update which is then paused. When the USB connects or if I insert after Sensus has finished booting I get a "Map update busy, try again later".

I've tried a factory reset and I've disabled the Car modem,.but the OTA update is stubbornly staying put.

Any advice? Will a dealer actually be able to fix it?
did you do the map when parked up? you must put a 14.5 volt 25 Amp power supply on to keep the systems going.. The easiest way is do it whilst you are driving around, it will stop when you do and carry on where it left off next journey . try that it might recover.