View Single Post
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 19:49   #17
El Padrino

My car has passed her MOT for another year, so it's a sigh of relief. The ABS light has been coming on again intermittently, but miraculously stayed off during the MOT .... Phew!!! I thought the problem had been solved during December 2023, as she had both front ABS sensors, both the front wheel bearings and front reluctor rings replaced. My last scan with the 850 OBDII scanner pointed the issue to be the ABS module solder joints, but the indy's scanner said it was the n/s/f ABS sensor.

So, the next task is to re-solder the joints on the ABS module, as that is the only part that hasn't been looked into. I managed to remove the ABS module and open it up. The ABS module was rebuilt back in Jan 2023 and I can't really tell if the solder on the pins for the power and signal are cracked, dry etc. Now I'm in posession of a new soldering iron, I'm going to re-solder all the joints that cause the ABS/TRACS light to come on. For the solder joints/pins I've marked out in red, should the two be soldered together?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABS 1.jpg (105.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ABS 2.jpg (86.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ABS 3.jpg (31.8 KB, 10 views)
El Padrino is offline   Reply With Quote