View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 16:30   #13
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
Agree with most of this. I would love another XC90 but don't want an Ultimate for price and spec reasons. Despite being very expensive these are commodity cars now. I would love to buy a car with a few options like BMW and Porsche offer. It's actually now at the stage where a Cayenne is better value if you factor in residuals and lack of option availability on cheaper XC90.

FWIW Volvo UK sales YTD (so two months) are down 2.5%. Market is up 10.3%.
I agree on the Cayenne comment, although they are more expensive (especially how I plan on optioning one) like you say their residuals will be stronger and you can order it exactly as you want it to be rather than with/without specific options that are/aren't available on the spec level of Volvo chosen, as such, its a better all around ownership option than Volvo and without all the AAOS & PHEV issues that come with it although I'm sure Porsche/BWM will have a few of their own for their platforms.

Volvo sealed their fate as far as my next car being one is concerned when they stopped selling the Polestar Engineered models in the UK (MY23), as such, my next car will have to be either BMW or Porsche (more likely Porsche as an X5 50e now costs similar to a Cayenne E-Hybrid so may as well go with the better car) in order to get a car that drives how I like them to drive.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote