View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2024, 17:56   #4
vonRypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB1969 View Post
This car seems to be wanting to self-destruct at the minute..... Latest error messages:

It's a 2022 B4 with a Volvo tow bar, today (not towing, tow bar not folded out) I keep getting error messages saying the trailer lights aren't working and the usual "rear park assist will not work as I have a trailer attached" message that I normally get when towing. But I'm not towing anything!

It's as if the car THINKS I have a trailer plugged in, it thinks this hence I get the usual message about rear park assist disabled, BUT as it cannot detect any trailer lights (because there isn't any plugged in!) it keeps telling me they aren't working.

Anyone heard of this before? I have plugged the caravan in and the lights on that work properly with the car with no error messages.

It's booked in with the dealer for the previously mentioned parking sensor/rear auto brake problem but the dealer cannot look at it until April.
Some dirt might got into either the trailer plug connector under the plastic cap or other areas around the tow bar which might cause short-circuit. I would start cleaning that area.
The Following User Says Thank You to vonRypp For This Useful Post: