View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 14:08   #1022
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
I would buy secondhand before I bought something designed without airbags and other safety systems as part of the basic vehicle.

Cars originally designed for the Chinese market do not have to meet European safety standards, they are added on later as modules not integrated.
I wouldn't buy something with a poor safety record either, but there's a huge gap in the market at the moment.

If EV's do become the car of choice in the future and eventually replace ICE vehicles, there has to be other options available that aren't as expensive as the fancy Tesla's - Simply to cater to people's needs that can't afford the posh EV's. There has to be safety systems included in these cars too. 1 star euro NCAP rating like the Dacia Spring has doesn't solve anything.

The Dacia Spring may be cheap and supposedly good for the environment (supposedly*), but the risk of serious injury or death in an accident in a car like that is very high. You can't have people driving around in unsafe vehicles either. Cars like that shouldn't be sold here, arguably, they should be sold anywhere! Its not the 1900's.

I think petrol and diesel will be taxed to the sky in the future, much higher than it is now. The Government don't want ICE cars... they're banning the sale of new petrol and diesel vehicles by 2035, so there's a hint.

When that happens, the options will be second hand ICE (including hybrid), full EV or keeping the car you've got, but no doubt, the EV will still be cheaper to run because the ICE cars will be taxed to the hilt, so more people swap to EV's.

Remember, its all about their "green climate" and "net zero" agenda, which is just a money racket. Whilst we drive around paying high road tax and those in London are paying ulez charges, road tax, pay per mile (potentially), congestion charges, toll charges to go through tunnels... China and India are laughing at us polluting more than we ever have, and, will continue to do so for many many years whilst we all pay through the roof to drive a Nissan Micra to the shops.

Last edited by Kev0607; Mar 16th, 2024 at 14:46.
Kev0607 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: