View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 15:39   #8
JCF

Thanks for your answers !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
A quick search brought up this thread from Purdydog: 850 tdi Static Fuel Pump Timing/Belt Change

See valuable information from Martin Cox, SwedishBus and Rudi Dudi where he gives the DTI values in post #6
I have read this thread ; but in the same topic, last post, you'll find the official Volvo method which give 0.275. Maybe experience shows that 0.55 is the "final" value after dynamic setting (it seems far from the manual value). Or maybe the injection pump is different on some engines. That's what I want to know !

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyoro
I had an 850 this and also a v70 tdi both with this audi engine and great cars they were too
I did the cambelt on the 850 twice and on the v70 twice aswell with no problems even without the dynamic timing .
As you know it's pointless doing dynamic without setting the valve and pump static timing first . Once you have that set that then ( on the v70 ) just advance the timing very slightly then road test . If all OK and starting OK then again just slight adjustments until you get the Engine Emmisions service required in the drivers info display then back it off slightly .
If the engine is otherwise healthy it should not take more than 2 turns of the crank to start it and then pull well with no smoke
There was also a crank hold tool for these engines as the pulley bolt is extremely tight
As has been said if you can get the appropriate software for dynamic timing then that would be the most accurate
What value did you use when setting the pump ? Have you record the lift after all these adjustement/road tests ?
Just for curiosity, do you know the DTC triggered when your emission warning message is shown at the dashboard ?
JCF is offline   Reply With Quote