View Single Post
Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 12:06   #3
neilgorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEngineer View Post
But a family on a journey would find it quite stupid that controls can only be changed when everybody was quiet in the car. A simple push of a button is so easy and quicker.
Long journeys in my car tend to have my wife and mother in law in tow.

Voice activation is all but useless in those circumstances.

You're correct about the buttons. It's very frustrating to have to use a screen to switch between the functions - I would routinely use cruise on the motorway and then the limiter in roadwords, flipping between on the buttons is easy on Sensus and via the screen a menu deep on AAOS is irritating. Worse though is that AAOS loses GPS quite regularly which never happened on Sensus.

My car is currently in being repaired again. I've been given a top of the range S60 to use as a loan car, on a 23 plate. Compared to my old 19 plate Inscription (of which it is supposedly the same level of trim) it's also missing electric adjustment of the passenger seat.

The non-basic cruise and speed limiter are options on almost all models. I've driven XC40, XC60 and now a S60 this year whilst by V60 has been out of action, and all of them were well specified but missing anything other than the basic cruise/limiter system.