View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2024, 09:11   #15
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymharrison View Post
I think this is one of those subjects where nobody knows the law from the guidance.

When we started carrying propane we were told various things from 2 cylinders only, up to 200kg and also 333l.

The 333l may come from a HSE document that says private individuals can carry an aggregate of 333l of dangerous goods as long as all containers are UN type. Many plastic containers aren't.

Next time ask them to call the police and see if they have a clue!
And I think this is the root of it.

Seemingly in this day and age, there are so many "bodies" that make rules and regulations as well as guidance and the average bloke on the street has no chance of knowing how to navigate it.

Just this week a read a case where a chap in our village is in a legal battle with the council - he placed a plastic bag (supermarket carrier bag) of rubbish from his car in the bin at a layby. I think he'd parked up for a bit, and decided to put a few bits of rubbish in his car into a bag and in the bin next to him. The council went through the bag, found letters with his address on it, and slapped him with a £400 fixed penalty for "illegally disposing of household waste". Apparently, it's illegal to deposit household waste in bins other then your dustbin.... How was he supposed to know that?
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135

Last edited by Tannaton; Mar 23rd, 2024 at 09:27.
Tannaton is online now   Reply With Quote