View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2024, 07:09   #4
Radler

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
When the camshaft sensor died on our 1998 S70 a couple of months ago the code was P0341 (or something close to this), so a faulty camshaft position sensor has a code of its own.

Also, our S70 was difficult to start and would not idle properly.

Apologies if this is a basic question, but did you clear the code before restarting the car? If the code is logged then it'll probably be permanent until the fault is fixed and the code is cleared.

Jack
The code was read by the previous owner when he took it to a workshop to pass the MOT. I disconnected the battery several times and the light disappears, but soon comes again. The problem I have is that I live in Germany and without a valid MOT I can not even register the car, so I can not easily move it around to take it to a workshop again and I do not have a device to read Volvo codes.

The original code reading talks about intermittent voltage at fuel injector 6 (?), or at pin 6, or something referring to a 6. But I take it that it was not read with a Volvo device and it just gave a random name to the error code, because I've not found anything of that kind on the internet.