View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2024, 09:38   #5
V60 probably

I think it's often more about the leasing company than the inspection company. I've used leasing for company cars on and off and years ago I had a BMW 5 series which the inspection company were very thorough and even though I'd vacc'ed it out and washed it, I got a bill from BMW finance for £800 including valeting at £200, a tiny scratch at £400 and a couple of other bits and bats. I argued my case and never paid it in the end after they backed down, but they were a nightmare to deal with.

Last year, I had an EQC returned to Mercedes finance, which the inspection company, being similarly thorough, noted that the first aid kit was missing (don't think it ever had one) and the passenger door handle was badly scratched, which, fair enough I was happy to pay for.

After a couple of days I received an estimate of £80 for the scratch and £60 for the first aid kit, but they never sent n invoice, nor asked for the money.

BMW tried to cream as much as they could from me for nothing, whereas Mercedes were happy to let legitimate costs slide.

Prevously: 1992 440ti, 1997 S40 1.8, 2000 S80 2.4.
V60 probably is offline   Reply With Quote