View Single Post
Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 09:04   #4
Nippy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyTiger75 View Post
I have a XC60 MY24 with adaptive active high beam where it adapts the main beam pattern around other vehicles. I have had this feature on previous cars so am well aware of it's features and limitations but the Volvo system appears to inferior to others and am trying to work out if I have a specific problem or whether the performance is normal.

Primarily I'm experiencing 2 specific problems. The first problem is that the beam pattern when following a vehicle or when detecting a oncoming vehicle sits significantly below the beam pattern when driving on dipped headlights, causing the road directly in front to only be lit for a short distance. This is particularly unnerving when the car decides that a black/white chevron bend sign is another car and then dips so low that the bend is barely illuminated. My expectation was that the active beam should never dip lower than the dipped beam in the area immediately in front of the vehicle.

The second problem is that street furniture on the nearside of the vehicle seems to cause the high beam on the left to continually turn on and off. When driving on rural unlit roads with junctions to the left, I'm conscious that the car may appear to be flashing someone waiting at the junction who will then pull out in front of me.

It would be good to know whether others experience the same behaviour before I start trying to get the dealer to investigate.
Yup, my V90 is the same, it’s pretty crap, so hardly ever bother with it.

SWMBO : 2016 V40 T3 R Design
Nippy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nippy For This Useful Post: