View Single Post
Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 11:51   #1089
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existential Crisis View Post
Are you suggesting that ICE cars are the zenith of our engineering evolution? Perhaps pictures will be shown that show smog bound cities of the past one day...and no, I don't know if EV are the answer, but I do know that progress is not for progress sake, it is akin to planting trees for future generations to enjoy...
Even modern cars are a vast improvement on cars s of the past. I used to live a quarter of a mile from the M6/M5 split and on a still summers night when the rush hour and holiday traffic was stationary you could cut that with a knife. There was a brown haze over the Tame Valley caused by all this trucks and cars ticking over. Cars and trucks are way clearer than they used to be. There’s a few old skool cars that bumble are our streets and they smell of half burned petrol…. There’s a few sooty diesel’s and they stink. It’s easy to forget those times.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Thong For This Useful Post: