Thread: Amazon: - Amazon cooling system
View Single Post
Old Apr 4th, 2024, 20:27   #8
Rustinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Kwas View Post
RiM;

Maybe the Evans hi glycol content product doesn't expand quite as much as the normal glycol/water mix, but if coolant was being lost out the overflow, I suggest your Alfa Rad was overfilled and did not have a sufficient volume for expansion...

Source: http://www.sw-em.com/Cooling_System.htm
...an expansion volume was necessary in Cooling Systems with no Expansion Tank for this very reason!

Cheers
On the Alfa I’d have to disagree as once the initial overfill had been expelled you would be left with the correct fill but in reality it lost more to the point it boiled over (spent a few hot summers in traffic with the heater on full and widows open, this is a rebuilt engine with all water galleries cleaned, new water pump and a re cored radiator, the only thing I changed is coolant and it’s never happened again, it’s been in there 4 years never lost a drop. That said it’s a pain to live with as anything involving the coolant system has to be drained and re used if anyone topped it up with water it’s lost most of its good properties
For me I don’t see any negatives except cost I run it in the Alfa and don’t use it in the Amazon so take what you will from that
Rustinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote