View Single Post
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 20:46   #17
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
On a separate note how do you find the XC60 over the V60 ?

I'm ignoring performance more focused on interior space, I have two teenagers 18 and 16 plus a mid-size dog which is why I have a Focus estate. I did look at a V90 which is a lovely car though I do like a diesel engine for long distance journeys, usually 700+ miles.

How does the XC60 and V60 compare for space ?
The V60 just edges in front of the XC60 for boot space purely from length, but it's certainly not as much as you may have thought. The V60 wins hands down when it comes to Christmas trees

I mean if physical space is the factor the V60 will always win, and the V90 even more so, but the wideness of the XC60 allows for easier higher stacking, so it's swings and roundabouts depending on what you're trying to transport.

As for interior space, the two are very similar, however the XC60 is taller and ours has full panoramic roof plus cream interior, so it feel much more spacious than the V60 from a comfort perspective. That said, our XC60 is a MY20 Inscription Pro PHEV and the V60 a MY16 R-Design Diesel, so it's not a like-for-like comparison of materials or design choices and the V60 with pano-roof and cream interior may feel just as spacious, but I don't think it will purely because of the extra headroom height the XC60 offers.

It's such a shame they are stopping production of the estates as my dream car would be a full EV CCV90, and I'd take the V90 over the XC60 any day. I'm hoping they see the error of their ways in the near future and restart production, but given the release of the EX30/90 and EM90, it seems unlikely.

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote