View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 16:45   #114
James77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
I'm not happy with the timescale but not very annoyed either. The current car is going well so quite happy to keep running it for now but at over 7 years old it's time for a change.

The equivalent plug-in cars from the competition are more expensive for a similar feature set to the XC60 Ultimate. They all have a lower electric range (especially the X3 which has only half the range of the XC60) apart from the Merc GLC which offers a better electric range but comes with a very large increase in price. The 50 miles WLTP range (let's call it 35-40 real world) of the XC60 should cover about 80 or 90% of my journeys so is an important factor in the decision.

SPA cars are getting old but still look good to me and no worse (actually better) than the X3 or Q5. The UI on the Merc looks more modern but overall none of the other cars look hugely better on the inside (personal opinion). My one reservation is AAOS but are the competitors' systems any better? (The devil you know, etc).

Lastly, I got an extremely good deal on the XC60 that's several thousand pounds better than the current offers so I might as well run with it.
Understand makes sense and agree still a good looking car X3 and Q5 are not so. Part of the question is because my XC60 is 5 years old but only 37k miles which doesn't mean it's in better fettle than a 60-70k miles used on motorways perhaps mine is more worn. Thoughts will soon turn to a replacement but I have no idea what to get and prices are becoming eye watering and I'll end up with spec I'd rather not have paid for although I know a level of discount is still available. Or I could beep running my car for as many years a I feel confident many folks do just not as confident with this generation of Volvo. I paid the final instalment on my car while back on the assumption I'd return the funds to savings before changing again, but if I want a new car by the time that happens I've not gained anything.