View Single Post
Old Apr 11th, 2024, 16:38   #3
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Agree with above, I assume you mean the delta arm bush? I did mine without the tool, heat is your friend but make sure you protect the fuel line on the RHS.

I did it by a using a blow-torch on the bush (lots of smoke so a bit scary but it works) and also hacking out the circular rubber bush with a hacksaw blade so as to make the hole as large as possible, then putting a loop of decent strength chain through it. I then put a heavy sledge hammer through the loop and whacked out in an outwards direction - if you get a big enough loop of chain you can get enough swing to pull it out.

As noted above, the splined bolt that holds it in can be a PITA to get out, again I used heat and a club hammer IIRC, it came eventually. Budget on replacing that bolt!

I used a Meyle replacement part, obtained from PFV online, that's a decent make and they've both been fine ever since, it was a long time ago I changed them.

HTH