View Single Post
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 17:34   #7
chriswithxc60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG14 View Post
I don’t understand that at all. Let the cruise control do all the work. Adaptive cruise makes life so much easier as you just et it and let it drive. The only thing you need to do is blip the throttle (or button) to set it off from stationary.
I can’t see many reasons for using a speed limiter.
Number one reason: I feel safer and more comfortable using my brain and eyes for driving around urban areas than relying on the cruise control. I realize other people will have different views on this.

The combination of the human brain and vision system is generally better than the car sensors and computer. That's why we don't have self driving cars.

Volvo has simply made the car less safe with this change to an automated-only limiter. 50% of the time in London the automatic limiter switches to 30mph when the limit is 20mph. As a result I have to focus a lot more on the speed instead of my surroundings. Even outside of town I've seen the automatic speed limit recognition system read a 40mph sign on the side of a dual carriageway and suddenly brake the car, it's awful.
chriswithxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote