View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 17:16   #1
joetothphoto

Default Japanese V70 Import Purchase Help

Well, I've lurked for awhile and I thought I should join and get as much knowledge from other Volvo owners here.

I am in the process of buying a Volvo V70 2.0 T5 SE Lux Powershift from a dealership near me. It is a Japanese import and in amazing condition.

A couple of questions I wanted to ask and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

A couple of things I want to do in order to make this an enjoyable family car and driving experience for me is... tune the engine for starters. I called several main dealers near me and I got different answers from each of them. To be fair they all sounded like they couldn't be bothered or had no clue. I wanted to go the Polestar route as I could have the software updated at the same time. But one dealer said they won't touch it for that reason.

So, I might just be looking a company that does ECU remapping for Volvos. But if I can have the cars software updated, should I do this and is it possible on Japanese imports?

Secondly, the company I am buying from has a very good reputation. If they tell me the car has had a full service, should I still take it to a garage that deals with Volvos and have it looked over?

Finally, I have read loads about the V70 lacklustre driving in the city. The car will be mainly used for road trips and the occasional trip into town. A few people here have mentioned sway bars as a good starting point. Can anyone recommend online companies that sell what I need and any garages that can help with the installation of such products if I decide to upgrade the suspension further?

Thanks again.
joetothphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joetothphoto For This Useful Post: