View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 00:41   #1
Sulky

Exclamation Brake failure going from creeping slow to full stop

Had an incident with my XC60 T8 2020 model the other day: I were slowly gliding into my narrow garage while adjusting the speed solely with the brake pedal. Then about 1,5 meter from the wooden wall at the end of the garage, I pressed harder on the pedal to bring the car slowly to a total stop.
To my astonishment pressing on the hard breaking pedal did not influent significatnly on car's forward movement. So I released the presure on the pedal for split secund and then hit the pedal again with full force from my foot as the wall came closer. This was only to registrate that the car hit the wall driven by an ideling motor in drive mode and the 7 degrees down fall of the garage floor. This time there was only minor damage on a wall and the car, but I have lost a confidense to the car and do not feel safe. Althoug I have given the car dealer my description and exact date and time of the incident, they cannot tell from the computer log what might have caused the failure to stop. Neither have I got any sugestions on actions other than to take the car into use again. I would apreciate wery much if anybody would like to comment on this situation. Regards
Sulky is offline   Reply With Quote