View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 03:53   #10
pupley

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart bowes View Post
I think regardless I'd still be inclined to remove it viewing from the side i.e not sat in the drivers seat

having seen vids of them going off I definitely wouldn't want to be in the way holding any sort of tool in my hand
20+ years as a german dealership tech never saw one go off. I don't do it anymore. Granted we always handled them correctly with precautions as mentioned above battery disconnect, discharge, wait etc. Certainly you don't want tools in hand when disconnecting. Whether from side or in seat you want to disconnect cleanly so don't fumble if from the side. Your hand is naturally going to be behind the airbag when disconnecting so that's unavoidable injury risk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcb View Post
Pupley, how long does it take to fix a sensor? I could visit you to see you extract and fix it - would pay of course for time. Could video the process.
Usually a couple hours if all goes smooth. Sometimes a bit longer if initial test fails. Unfortunately I don't/cant do while-u-wait, but can offer a 24hr turnaround by post if you send me your faulty sensor. Or can send you an exchange unit if i have one in hand but none atm. DM to arrange if required.
pupley is offline   Reply With Quote