View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 12:01   #10
CanaryYellow

I have a B5P rather than a T5, so can't comment specifically on the T5. However, I have no regrets over going for petrol over diesel.

My usage is not dissimilar to yours, perhaps mine is slightly more skewed to short journeys, with fewer of the middle distance 10 - 15 mile runs. However I also have a couple of longer journeys every month.

I could likely have got away with a diesel, but it just wasn't the right option for my usage, and I am not a fan of the sound of 4 cylinder diesel engines at idle / low speed, and really enjoy how quiet the petrol engine is.

When I asked a similar question on here a while ago when I was trying to find a good used model, I was correctly advised that there aren't any bad XC90 models, it's just a matter of finding the right one for you. The petrol is exactly that for me.

Again, mine is a B5P so not directly comparable, but over the weekend I went from Tonbridge to Norwich, I kept to the speed limit (65 - 70) on the motorway, with a bit of urban driving at each end and a few roundabouts to navigate in Norfolk (with some relatively brisk acceleration back up to speed) and managed 35mpg. In the long term my average is high 20s. I think the T5 is possibly a bit less economical, so long term might be more like mid 20s, depending on your driving style and mixture of long and short journeys.

I wouldn't be scared of the mpg difference, try and drive both and see what you prefer.
CanaryYellow is offline   Reply With Quote