View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2024, 04:44   #3
ConCon

The dash does have a rheostat and I've tried adjusting it with no success. If you're referring to the center console as in the stereo and cigarette lighter etc, it has a cheap aftermarket stereo that works but has no illumination. I took the whole dash apart and it looked like there was a plug that was supposed to plug into the stereo but this current one didn't have a port for. I plan on changing the stereo soon. There are no other lights on that portion (not sure of the climate control is supposed to have lights or not, of so it doesn't work). The lights for the seat warmers turn on and I believe there is a light for the shifter but that doesn't turn on, might just need a new bulb.

I'm hoping that the instrument panel is just a sauldering issue as that won't be a difficult fix. I have not checked if the rheostat has voltage on either side as I don't know how, nor do I have the proper equipment I don't think.

Most all of the rest of the lights work (the warning lights at the bottom of the instrument panel I mentioned previously). The overhead dome light partially works but I'm pretty sure it's because of the whole fixture. It was taped on previously and I took it off today to inspect it. The big light works barely but the two lights in front do not. The headliner is rough and there was a lot of insulation dust on the whole circuit board so I assume it's just really dirty (I wasn't able to clean it). I will be replacing the whole fixture soon.
ConCon is offline   Reply With Quote