Thread: V50 Wheels/Tyres : - Will S80 wheels fit?
View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2024, 10:41   #8
Kev0607
Premier Member

There's nothing pedantic about it. I had 18" aftermarket wheels on my car when I bought it... the handling was awful, nor did it ride as it should. I changed them for 17" OE spec alloys with tyres to match and the difference was remarkable.

Manufacturer's specify the alloy to use and the tyre size for a reason (braking, weight and so on). What makes any of us think we know better than them? Millions spent on development... "Ahh, I don't like those wheels, I'll chuck whatever I want on it". You can't just stick any wheels you want on, not in this country anyway. Its classed as a modification and the insurer should be notified (might be different where you are or in USA where the original poster is). That's not being pedantic either, that's the truth. If there's an accident, that's when all this stuff comes into play. People forget that though. Whether that applies in other countries, I don't know.

The OP asked if tyres would fit. The answer turned out to be yes, but are they right, as in the correct spec for the car? The answer is no. Its his car, he can do as he pleases (as can you). I'm just making a point from a spec point of view that they aren't correct. Seems odd to me to buy a lovely T5 motor and stick the wrong alloys/tyres on it, but hey... that's not my call.

Last edited by Kev0607; Apr 29th, 2024 at 10:52.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote