View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2024, 17:25   #4
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric19371 View Post
My '04 V50 had the same issue, it started sagging badly in the middle. Impossible to 'fix' so yo uhave to replace the headliner material. Quotes to have it done were all several hundred pounds so I decided to do it myself.

Got suede effect foam backed material from Vandalized on eBay, 3.0m x 1.5m with three cans of spray adhesive all for £50.

Easy enough to remove the headliner on the V50, just remove the plastic trim from the pillars, remove the handles and visors and let it drop. Lots of wires are stuck to the back of the headliner so these have to be seperated carefully as you take it down. When you pull it out the back it will have to be bent a bit but mine returned to shape with no issues.

Did get some creases in the material when I put it back as it got caught by wind when i was trying to lay it and it messed it up but not too bad so that I worried about it.

When it is out use this opportunity to replace the sunroof drain pipes if you have a sunroof and haven't done them already.
similarly , head liner out, scrub off All the old one + backing foam, spray glue, i used an automotive high heat one, take your time and you can get it done, useful if you have a helper for the out/in bit of the headliner, the sunroof blind can also be recovered to match the new If you have one