View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2024, 18:15   #5
Petey80
Premier Member

Default Road Trip and more bits for Blue

Been a productive weekend getting bits for the car.

First up was a set of OE Volvo Rubber Mats.

Driver side mat

Passenger side mat

Rear mats

In really good condition, just need a decent clean and they'll be as good as new I reckon.

I also found a fellow V40 owner that had further reduced a set of wheels I'd had my eye on for ages so had a drive down to Manchester with the wife to get them.

Upon my return I checked the trip computer, see how Blue did on the 200+ mile journey there and back

Filled her up before we set off and upon getting home it had used 2 notches on the fuel gauge, done 235 miles exactly and still speculates there is over 400 miles left in the tank.

Pretty much cruised at 65MPH all the way there and back and she returned

An average speed of 55MPH and 55.5MPG. Not to shabbie.

And the wheels I went all that way for

18 inch Jaguar XE wheels, which are staggered

7.5J ET46 front and 8.5J 55ET rear

No cracks, buckles or welds but are in need of refurbishment and tyres. So they have been bagged and tucked up in the garage

Until funds allow me to do all that.

I am looking to fit 225/40 R18 to the front wheels and 235/40 R18 on the rear wheels.

According to the "Will they fit" web page, they seem the best tyre sizes to help with fitment and accuracy of the speedo. Also after a quick google search, I found that 225 is the minimum and ideally you want 235 or 245, so......

I think I better test fit the rear wheels soon in case I need to get some spacers. Maybe I should've checked the rear can handle 8.5J wheels before I bought them...... lol....

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote