View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2024, 14:51   #320
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiS60 View Post
this is where I am confused. Is it your underwriter who is only offering better prices when they find out they could lose business? Otherwise I do not understand how this better price is suddenly found and not offered in the first instance? This also gives me no confidence that a better price could not be found?

I do applaud that ethos and always try and shop more local/ethical and customer focused places. However the fact that your price, even at the new rate (which I still don't understand why it wasn't offered originally, see above) is nearly 30% over the best rate elsewhere and 10% over at least 10 other companies. i pay over the odds for lots of things but with the cost of living crisis 30% seems an awful lot of money. Especially after the very competitive deal I got on breakdown cover from yourselves.

I appreciate the responses and taking time to discuss, I just still don't understand the mechanism of suddenly reduced pricing and am trying to both educate myself and make a rational decision.
We negotiated a scheme with the underwriter where we can be flexible on price if the client obtains something cheaper and we can verify that. It is us, not the underwriter who want to insure as many club members as possible. We've committed to the club long term and it's disappointing if we can't provide the cover that we set out to. Price is clearly a factor and we adapt where we can. In your particular case, we've done as much as we can.

We're not suggesting you come with us when there is such a price difference. We fully expect you to go elsewhere but we wanted to explain how we operate and how we got to the price we offered.

Sorry if I'm not explaining it clearly but thanks for giving me the opportunity to try.

Simon

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote