Old Nov 20th, 2007, 21:01   #50
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
My understanding of this thread.

Ashok has a block down at SW.

Ashok offered it to Tim.

SW are busy and haven't time to locate it.

Ashok started this thread to ask for a volunteer to go and find and collect his property.

So have I got it right so far?

I think I have, so I will continue.

By sending someone to get his block and deliver it to MRG, he isn't distracting SW from their heavy work load, and saving Tim the courier costs.

Where is the problem?

Why the personal attack on Ashok?

Ashok you have the patience of a saint because if it was me, I would have been down there dancing on some skulls by now.

In fact, given the aspersions that have been cast, I would go and look myself and if it's not there report the theft to the police.

I'm furious having read this.

Well I would certainly agree with your precis of events as they're pretty much the facts as they stand from my point of view; the only "slight" modification is I asked if someone could collect it as I understood that is what Stuart was requesting.

I understand your sentiments but lets not jump the gun just yet. From my conversation with Stuart yesterday (it was quite short because I was on the road and my phone battery went dead in the middle of it), he asked me to send him the engine number, which I did, and I can only presume and hope he will be locating the various components in the next few days (he did actually say he would try to do that tonight if time permitted).

What I certainly don't understand is some of the logic being used in some of the points Matt raised (e.g. storage costs, loss of earnings, wasting their time etc., coupled with lots of factual inaccuracies). If I was to make that many fundamental errors of judgement in my line of training and work, i'd be absolutely "hammered" from "on-high".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
Ashok you have the patience of a saint because if it was me, I would have been down there dancing on some skulls by now.
That applies far more to Tim than it does me because he's been the one chasing this for the last 3-4 months, in my absence, and is the one facing the biggest inconvenience.

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998

Last edited by pyaap; Nov 20th, 2007 at 21:06.