View Single Post
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 19:11   #12
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
i dont find that abrasive at all the question still has not been answerd, and as said i did not ask for the fact and figures of what are the tow weights nose weights and 10 year old shocks . i no what my kerb weight is , nose weight , how to load a van, actual train weight of car and caravan, axle weight of rear axle, and the 85% rule. and if i am legal or not so i suggest you read the question. nivomats v monroe.just because i put in the circumstances opened a debate weather i was legal or not . would it have been better of me to put which are the better rear shocks for towing nivomat or monroe, as said i will keep my questions simple next time. thanks
for your replys topic closed as far as i am concerned.
mike
Sorry but that wont wash here - read what you wrote when you said you changed to your new van the car went down at at the back (implying that this was more than with your previous van) - (if not why did you say that?) - (and you did say you had no issues until you changed your van) (so the issue was a greater depression on the rear of the car with the new van - well at least that was what you wrote) and then you said you expected it to go down even more when you fully loaded your new van. The preload on your tow ball should not change much no matter how you load your van MAYBE you want to read your post carefully BEFORE you press the submit button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
HI ALL
would like your opinion on the above, i have nivomats on the rear at the moment, i have had no issues untill recently, i have changed my caravan miro 1286 mtplm 1420. my old van was miro 1102 and mtplm 1300 or there abouts. i havent yet full loaded the new van and last weekend went away with the van not loaded to the maximum , when i hitched up the back end dropped silghtly which is understandable, when i load up for 2 weeks and you take a lot more the back end is going to drop more. i have been offered monroe shocks the ones that u pump up brand new for free , do i stick or twist to monroe. your thoughts please.
1996 850 tdi
mike

Also asking about which kind of shocks is a personal choice thing probably in this case best asked at the Caravan site either real time or find an online one.
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote