View Single Post
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 22:21   #15
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Monroes

According to Braydons the "Load leveller" kit with Monroes (with the pump inflatable rubber ball) does NOT need a spring change 'cos the rubber ball does the extra spring pressure.

There is also a direct Monroe swap for a Nivomat - a self leveller - part number 40204. Common as rocking horse sh1t in the UK, and in the USA the same price as a Sachs-Boge.

IMHO when a Nivomat is working right there is nothing to touch it.

If your Nivomats are tired, get new ones, if you can afford it. The complete "Load Leveller" kit for both sides costs the same as ONE Nivomat.

If your Nivomats are not tired, keep them. They will level you up in less than a mile - even if your noseweight is rather too much. Personally, I find that "rather too much" works pretty well, and if you consider that the (internal) loading capacity of a Volvo Estate with Nivos is getting on for a ton I would only worry about keeping the nosewheel weight UP.

I do however agree that so long as your towed weight is less than 1500kg, and so long as your nosewheel weight is close enough, getting a bigger van should not make any real difference
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote