View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:29   #21
Nunchukhamster
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
IMHO Ford are very reliable cars, so I am ok with the idea that new small Volvos are premium Ford group cars. Just like Audis are premium VW group cars. And Saabs are premium GM-Opel group cars. There is nothing bad at it.

However, the poor customer service is something to blame.
I am sorry that you had a bad experience with Volvo, hopefully your next car will be much more reliable.
And I hope my future experience with the V50 will be problem-free.
You're spot on with that. I've owned many Fords, and have had little or no trouble from any of them (and that includes the Ford Probe which my wife currently uses as her daily driver).

I find it remarkable that some people blame Ford for all of the problems they experience with their Volvo. From memory Ford bought Volvo in 1999. So, any problem with any car manufactured after this date is exclusively the fault of Ford? None of the current models were already well into design and testing at this stage? Of course not, much of the work had already been done. Quality of manufacture? How many of the technicians on the assembly were still the same the day after the takeover? The week after? The year after? I would guess at the vast majority. Same with parts. In fact, it was AFTER Ford took over that the ETM's were replaced with the Bosch units. So, was that change a bad thing? Would people rather that Ford reverted to using the flawed Magnetti Marelli units?

The customer service issue is I think a secondary issue. I've noted a general decline in the quality of many firms customer services over the last ten years, in a wide range of industries. Ok, Ford shouldn't of allowed themselves to follow the same path, but it is not unique to them. Even within this thread other car manufacturers are cited as having poor customer relations.