Thread: 240 verses 940
View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 23:44   #1
jerseyvolvo

Question 240 verses 940

hi,

I have a volvo 240 1987 with 112000 miles bought 6 years ago for £350. Fitted a new radiator, headlight and did the cambelt. Recently the exhaust failed and since it has considerable rust/rot along the back end where the bumper trim meets the body and has started rotting at the rear of the drivers cill I thought well it owes me nothing and time for a change. So...

I bought a 95 940s lpt with 120000 with good service history. I bought it with out seeing it, my father went and had a look at it. A nice car, been kept outside, leather interior. Had a couple of problems, leaking heater matrix and radiator. Fixed the heater matrix and radiator, then if you follow the thread for 940 will not accelerate you can see the problems I had. These seem fixed though with new distrubutor cap, rotor arm, leads and plugs. It is now running like a good une. However, whilst fixing the 940 had to get the 240 back on the road and have put a new exhaust on.

Basically what do the forum think about which to keep and which to sell?

I reckon the 240 will hold together for another year or two. I like the 940 but the experince is bad but with the vechile registration duty we have to pay on Jersey and the parts stands me in at nearly £2000!

Advice and thoughts please.

Regards

jerseyvolvo
jerseyvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote