Thread: Engine 850: B5234TR/2.3/20v/T5R: - Loss in boost
View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 13:07   #89
AndysR
VOC Member

Nice one Wayne like a simple fix!

Regarding my car... Welcome into the equation a spanner which has been thrown into the works. Went for a drive in the car today, being as it was one of those nice sunny mornings, car drove just as it has been recently relatively no boost. However after about 15 mins into the drive guess what!!!!

Yes thats right the bloody thing started boosting properly again I mean WTF I thought it was all plain and simple but now I am begining to wonder whether the ECU is at fault or something?? Only reason I am thinking that is the MBC obviously bypasses the ECU's control of the boost pressures and yesterday we got full boost with the MBC fitted. Everything else showed the same fault and certainly for all of the drive home yesterday, about 80 - 100 miles, it was boosting poorly and today it started off boosting poorly then all of its own accord back to normal again!! Think the car is trying to annoy me now!! lol

Anyone ever experienced a fault with the ECU or a Rica which could replicate such a fault? One other thing Jod found bizzare yesterday was that his diagnostic code reader wouldn't communicate with the ECU in certain modes. I wonder if this is due to an ECU fault?