View Single Post
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 12:02   #13
mraldonnelly

Simon,

If you'd like me to come along then it's no problem. Loughborough ain't *that* far. Besides, I can set the SatNav to "avoid motorways" and follow country roads most of the way }( .

Where exactly is the rattle coming from? I need to replace my glovebox anyway because it appears to have been greatly neglected by the police so if I can get one before I visit I can have a practice on my car first.

Dismantling bits will increase the chances of finding the rattle so removing the dash top, glove box and underpanel is probably a good place to start.

Do you have a passenger side airbag? If so, I wonder if it could be the bag unit that's worked loose? It's situated directly under the dash top just above the glovebox.

Anyway, travelling down to you is no bother for me. If Monday 14th is good for you then I'll probably come down then - saves any aggro from my wife as she'll be in work anyway.

As for the broken shroud - a washer may sort that out.

If I visit, while I'm there it would be useful for me if you could have a spin in my car and see what you think. It doesn't feel as tight as it should - by tight I mean I get some feedback through the steering wheel as though there's too much play somewhere in the streering or suspension - possibly bushes. Having someone else drive her would be good because they can then determine whether or not they get the same. Also, you could let me know how the boost and general engine pull feels - my turbo's the original and it's on 150k so will be worn. I'm not sure if it's boosting properly so a second opinion there would be good too.

If you don't get any other offers then let me know and I'll keep that day free. If the Monday isn't convenient let me know which day is best for you and I'll keep that day free instead.

Regards

Andy