Thread: Suspension: 140: - Suspension and Handling Question
View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 15:48   #2
sainthonore
VOC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman View Post
HI eveyone.

Just bought my First Volvo 144 at Auction. Car is very very straight no rust, complete original condition and runs like a dream. ( also bought it for a song).

No the only Issue i seem to think it has at the moment is that suspension is Really really soft. Are the 144's usually a very soft ride, to the point that u nearly fall out the window going around corners due to excess body roll.

Am i looking a Spring Shock replacment? or just shocks first up. Any suggestions would be great. At this stage i am just looking at keeping car orginal, just want it handle a little better.
I had the same problem on my low mileage 164 until I replaced the shocks (which I think were original). I would do this first as it was a very easy job to do. If it's the same as the 164 then on the earlier cars there is a small extension tube on the bottom bushes on the rear shocks (pre 1972 I think but I'm not sure) which later cars don't have. So you will have to get the rear shocks with the correct bottom bushes for your year (if it's the same as the 164).

Last edited by sainthonore; Mar 5th, 2008 at 15:55.
sainthonore is offline   Reply With Quote