View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 20:15   #1
TelstarFlyer

Default V40 T4 4K rpm stutter

Hey all! Great to be talking again!
My '02 V40 T4 is requesting your assistance.
I know my lambda censor is giving problems, the engine light stays on, but apparently only because the heater on the censor in malfunctioning. Thing is: My car started stuttering about a month ago, but only under extreme acceleration, in third/fourth gear, but you won't feel it it fifth, it is to light a stutter!

The whole BIG issue started on Firday, when I was late for a meeting. I drove the car untill it didn't register ANY fuel in the tank, then I could only fill up with 93 unleaded, so I just put about 5 litres in, just to get to another station with 95. When I left with the 93 in my car, all hell broke loose whenever I try to accelerate hard. It stutters as if the timing is out by far!!!!
As soon as I lift my foot a centimetre, it's fine, then will go all the way to 5500rpm! I saw a sequence with the stutters starting at just about after 4k rpm, and as far as I know, this is where the vvt cam starts playing?!

Anyway, the fuel econo is wonderfull, as I can only drive like grandma, but the car begs a fix, so do I

Could this be fuel starfation or the censor? Is it possible the lower budget sparkplugs is starting to come into play, as it's NGK? (hey, it rhimes )

Thanx for the response, as I can feel it comming
TelstarFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote