View Single Post
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 00:19   #11
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60D5NI View Post
Luckly I haven't had a 'failure' in years - hope that doesn't put the scud on me as taking the wife's mini cabriolet to Larne next week for its 1st MOT!!
Sorry, a bit off topic, but you didn't happen to attend the CCMC Mini show this weekend past?

Anyway, back to 480s! Paul has more or less summed it all up.

That one you linked to on eBay is in a poor state. I went to view another car the seller was selling and he showed me this when he found out I was a Volvo guy. Rear arches are shot, interior is mouldy, cosmetics fairly poor condition. Given the price of 480s he'd have trouble giving it away for free in my opinion (although the rear lenses are nice and shiny); and he told me he wouldn't take any less than £200 and wouldn't break for parts.

Best bet is to go to the mainland. They rarely come up for sale here, although I have seen a couple in the last year or two. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I sold mine to a workmate after buying the 850, although his son wants it when he's finished with it!