View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:48   #8
brucelee34

UPDATE !!!

I have now found the following wires in the rear where the interior lightsa should be... On the passenger side there is two Purple and yellow (connected together with bullet type connector that would fit in the INT Light frame) and two purple wires connected the same way as. These were found dangling and taped up in the boot so I have rerouted them. I can see a branch from the loom which goes to the drivers side INT Light which has a single Purple/Yellow wire a dn a Purple wire but without the bullet type connector to fit in the frame. Goind by your wiring diagrams I can see this is all I need except the wires don;t seem to come from the Map Light switch connectors but from another installed switch on the drivers side. I guess I need to start from scratch.
Also, the two white wires from the tacho had been cut for some reason that is beyond me. Following your diagrams I have connected to the coil/distributor and the tacho is working. Thank you for your help on this.

The door contacts for the interior lights are there but seem to be two 13mm nuts screwed into the pillar. Is this correct? I can see the contact but always thought it would be more of a spring loaded contact. I can't see how the current set up would work. Maybe I need to purchase some door contacts.

Whoever owend the car before me obviously had some electric issues as I can;t understand why so many would be severed/disconnected/cut or simply missing.
brucelee34 is offline   Reply With Quote