View Single Post
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 11:23   #7
V70 Geoff
A Volvo is essential

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie28 View Post
Ive looked at a couple of s60 t5,s to replace my 850 t5, i have not found one with the spec and colour i want yet,
but looking at the prices of the s60r,s there are 2004/5 models with 70k plus mileage within my price range, all private sales so there would be no warranty.
The day to day runing costs of a t5 or an r are quite acceptable to me and i do maintain my cars myself, but the technology especially on an r will lead towards the use of garages at some point ..
I have had my 51k 2003 S60R for a year now and it has not missed a beat. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned and I do love my cars. I had wanted to find a vehicle that did what my Imprezza did but without all the noise, fuss, spoilers and backache. The original owner had various minor problems when the car was new (all fixed under warranty)but it then worked ok for him without isssue for 3 years. It had a faulty ignition coil (giving missfire under heavy load) that I replaced at time of purchase and I upgraded the engine top mount but that is it. I also put it on Dunlop 9000 tyres as they work perfectly on it, much better than the Michelins it had on that tend to tramline. It pays to get the steering geometry set up by an expert as it improves the handling beyond belief.

I think that if you buy a high performance car you have to budget for some trouble as everything is that bit more stressed but the S60R is so cheap for what it is that it is a risk worth taking and it drives in a way that you will really want to experience. It is just the bargain performance car of all time at present. Buy one and take out an insurance if you are worried!

Good luck G
V70 Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote