View Single Post
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 13:27   #4
leabby

Smile BRC System

I have just had a BRC system put on my 440. I have two tanks which give a total of 130 litres (less visits to garage). it costs less than £60.00 to fill both tanks

Due to restrictions and gas pressure etc the tanks will hold 103 litres in total. Only recently installed so cannot give any further faadback for this car.

I did have a smart car conversion and can honestly say INCREDIBLE.

If you plan to convert for use in London to avoid congestion charges, be careful. Although you may use an approved fitter, they may not be registered on the powershift register. Go to dvla website for further info.

if you use an approved fitter who are not registered with powershift you will not get exemption approval.

It cost me £2400.00 for the conversion. This included the two tanks. I cover approximately 20-25K per year and expect to recupe the money in 18 months.

Gas only gives a 40% reduction in costs. if you can afford the original outlay I recommend going for it. it is a great feeling when you visit the garage and pay less than half the price of LPG (even less where diesel is concerned).

Hope this helps
leabby is offline   Reply With Quote