View Single Post
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 00:56   #30
Ross9
Master Member

indeed, funnily enough as you will have noticed in the thread the manifold was well....****, a very poor log manifold that broke, a lot, it finally seperated, again, for about the 5th time the other week, and we thought the break had fallen inside and might have been drawn into the turbo and damaged the blades...after the 1st thought of "****" , the 2nd was "Gt35 then and bigger injectors" lol, if it ever pops it'll be a 35 on there in place of the 30 for sure, I know exactly what you mean.

When i bought my rover turbo years ago I said I would turn the boost up to 12psi and fit brakes and suspension, when I sold it after 5 years of ownership it was 1050kg 380 bhp, stripped out, cut slick tyres, nitrous, etc track/drag/weekend car, yep, fully road legal and great fun on a sunday, worked out to 362 bhp/tonne and it looked like a 1.6, as you say, it's soo easy to get carried away. Hence I'm punting the stinkline and getting a nice S60 D5, will play with Jacqs T4 and the scoobu track car (stripped out, fully forged engine, 20G turbo etc, should be alot of fun as a kick around at knockhill)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross9 For This Useful Post: