View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 19:08   #53
RobbieH
Two wheeled lycra lout

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimon340 View Post
ah! hello Dave!

hope you're well!

I guess you could move to the new volvo sites in manchester? I understand Bury is already sorted with a new company but there will also be some new sites. Stockport I guess is easier for stratstone given that they had already sold the building before the moved in with saab and chevrolet.

dont know if volvo bury will be on the same site or not.

I hope things work out ok for you!

S
Hi Shimon,

do you have any more light to shed on this? Who, when?

I've been using Bury for some years, initially when they were Walker Farrimond (940 SE estate bought used and serviced by them in the early days) and more recently as Stratstone (now V70 D5 SE). Had the last service done there as part of the purchase deal and to be honest I also used them to get a loan car whilst mine was in.

I understood Stratstone was in difficulties but only found out last night about the closure whilst talking to a mate who's brother worked in servicing (for 11 years since leaving school).

I have been looking at moving to an indie but struggling to really find a "local" to Salford where I am. I did use Guardian Volvo in Sale for the last couple of services on the 940. Not only cheaper than WF but still gave a loan car and were much easier to get to than getting Bury. Problem is they've gone now so I'm a bit knackered where to go.

I have heard (good) things about Hallmark in Stockport but when I went to call in one Saturday they were closed (albeit in the school hols at the end of August). Would use them if they opened on saturday or I could confirm they had loan cars (anyone know ?) The other point is that I want the front end polybushing and not sure if a main dealer would do this but I could imagine the price (Stratstone did tell me the front bushes were worn and probably accounted for the various clunks and clanks the front end seems to emit more often these days, so I think they are needing replacing sooner rather than later).

Cheers,
Robbie

54 V70 D5 SE (163, EUIII) MTE, Eibach, Powerflex, IPD arb's, TWR FMIC, Ferrita cat-back.
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote