View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 01:18   #1
69dieselfreak
big rig tech

Default zf 22 transmission no forward gears

ok guys im having a hell of a time just getting this car on the road what had happened was i went to mvd to get it licenced and regestured in the morning when i got to my house to start it and take it to work and show it off so anyway put it into reverse and backed out of the shop went to put it into drive and nothing tryed all my gears just had reverse guys im stumped at this point my fluid is brown but doesnt smell burnt trans linkages is fine i havent pulled the pan yet
here in the usa a rebuild kit for the trans is like $400 and torque converter is 300 or so i dont have a problem rebuilding the trans my self but what is my best bet to look at and what would you guys do
im getting to know this car inside and out let me tell you i think i got volvo fever
oh by the way sorry im not familiar with auto trans like i am with manuel trans because i deal with them on a day to day basis
thanks guys for all you help
69dieselfreak is offline   Reply With Quote