View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 18:02   #1
stoatyboy

Default 12 volt power socket issue.

First Off, Hi to the users of the forum. Newbie here - 1st post and all that.

I have just bought a 2002 V40 1.8 BiFuel, well pleased with it so far. Have a question that I'm hoping you chaps may know the answer too?

I bought a TomTom One satnav to guide me down to England in a couple of weeks. (I live in the middle of nowhere - highlands of scotland) I plugged the tomtom in today to the front 12 volt power socket, the car has never had a cig lighter installed - just the blanking cover. I didn't get any lights on either the charger or the satnav to indicate it was charging. Now I will try the charger in a pals motor later in the week to ascertain whether the charger itself is faulty. I know the Tomtom charges correctly via the usb cable on my pc - green light comes on to indicate charging. I could probably get away with making sure the Tomtom is fully charged on the pc and just switching it on at hectic moments but it would be an aggrovation I am hoping to avoid.

I had a look on this forum to see if there were any similar faults logged, didn't find any - Hence in covering what to try in case the charger is OK? - I take it I will have to check the fuses under the right drivers side fuse box? - Does anyone know what number fuse and what rating? Also does the socket itself illuminate or glow to indicate functionality. Everything else seems to work OK.

I am going to source a Haynes manual when I get down south in case of future problems.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post

Regards

Mark
stoatyboy is offline   Reply With Quote