Thread: XC90 AWD Repair
View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 09:56   #25
911-32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianu View Post
Hello all - this is correct - I unfortunately did have the problem (at 72k ish miles) - but even outside of the warranty period I managed to negotiate a 70/30 split in my favour of the repair cost with the warranty rep at the Dealer because I insisted this was not an expense I expected to be incurring on a car 3 1/2 years old with only 72k miles on it. The worst case without the discount included the bevel gear replacement which if I recall was in the region of £1300 - £1500. But if they could seperate the spline it would be a lot lot less. My invoice shows they had to heat the sleeve up to remove it - the total cost to me came to £154. The breakdown of the bill shows the sleeve at £85 before discount + other bits.
The sympton I experienced was front wheelspin (and horrendous torque steer) in the damp or wet especially accellerating out of junctions or exiting roundabouts.
Mine is an 05 MY - and yes I've had a few problems - some of them have been common to others on this forum and the warranty has picked them all up - but it's the best car I've ever had and smiles per mile I'd be hard pushed to beat it.
Mines just had it's 96k service - it's sat on the drive with the Average fuel trip reading 40.3 after mostly motorway work this week.
The best thing is with this forum - you know what to look out for and what questions to ask when you're out shopping for one.
Good luck
Thanks Ian

Are you saying that they were able to separate the spline in your case and it cost only £154? This the kind of fix I would like to know more about.
911-32 is offline   Reply With Quote