Thread: Engine: D52447: - Over Filled Oil ?
View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 08:35   #10
jposner

hi musicman....Didn't you mean: It (the oil) should NOT smell as diesel ?

Anyway just checked mine, it does not smell of diesel (hopefully a good sign), but is indeed almost 2cm above the upper line on the dipstick. all the oil looks same colour along the dipstick too, no separation (engine is cold)

Its just been serviced by the dealer, a very large independent 4x4 dealer ... could it be that they have just overfilled, or didn't drain properly? either way i don't really trust them and they are 40 miles away

regarding the warranty, i believe all volvos come with 3yr/60k as standard. mine is just inside the 60k mileage and 2.5 yrs old, so any work should be covered. am not sure when/who the previous services were done by because the dealer who i bought it from is "looking" for the service book, but it came from a finance reposession i think, it did motorway miles and hopefully has been cared for well.

besides the volvo warranty i got the dealer to throw in one of these after market 12 month warranties from Autoprotect (the premium plus, best cover) which kicks in after the 60k has been hit.

Am hoping either way I should be covered.

thanks again