View Single Post
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 17:50   #9
Chris Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

Had a look at a 54 plate V70SE today.

Hmmm.

Am I being a bit hypercritical, or does anyone else think that an early V70 (like my '97) is actually the better-built car?

I felt that the fit and finish and materials on the newer car are not such a high quality as my old bus, and I can't imagine this newer one I saw today still looking good at almost 200k and 12 years old!

Cheers

Jack
I have a '95 850 T5 and a 2000 V70 T5 and take it from me the 850 is a better car. It was built by Volvo not botched by Ford.

I have spent well over £3,000 on the V70 in less than 12 months and I'm now having a gearbox fitted £675 for the box plus the cost of fitting. That's cheaper than the £1,900 a recon company wanted to charge me.

The car has spent more time in the garage than on the road in that time, and the Volvo main agent it went to was so bad, I wouldn't trust them to put air in a tyre, I asked them to sort the car out for me, they gave it back to me with a printout saying "Alarm Service required. Engine Warning Light On" to name just two of the problems. What sort of company sends a car back to the owner with the engine warning light on? They even charged £1.45 to put water in the washer bottle and £9 to replace a number plate bulb. Main agents? They made cowboy builders look like professionals.

So yes the older Volvos are a better car.
Chris Smith is offline   Reply With Quote