View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 23:25   #4
GSMGuy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
I am looking at a new XC90 and asked the dealer about a towbar for caravan towing.

1. He was very insistent about fitting a factory towbar because they would change the stability programme of the car to suit. Is this a big deal or is it 2 minutes on the computer wherever the towbar was fitted?

2. Is there an easy way to route a heavy amp cable (fridge etc) to the 13 pin socket from wherever it needs to come from at the front of the vehicle? I have seen cars all but dismantled to hide this cable.

3. Do tow bars come with accurate suggestions of where the cutout needs to be in my nice shiny new rear bumper?

Thank you for any help
I have the factory option of a detachable towbar on my XC90...

At the end of the day, when towing, safety is paramount, and I'd rather have a manufacturer approved and fitted hitch - Also on the XC90, I believe extra cooling capacity is provided for both the engine oil and the transmission fluid, in the form of larger coolers (so I believe)

The heavy cable doesn't need to go far, as both the battery and the main positive junction box are actually in the boot, just behind the bumper!

Mine has 2 very small cutouts, that are totally hidden ewhen the ball is detached, and the protective cover is in place.

Mike
GSMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote