View Single Post
Old Sep 12th, 2002, 23:05   #5
Tony Nicholls

Default RE: Faulty HU-803 CD changer - any ideas?

Water ingress was my initial diagnosis when the fault first occurred, but there was no indication of moisture on examination by the dealer. The CD changer in the S60 is situated behind the fascia, with CD's (up to four) fed one at a time into a slot above the radio controls. It could be that there is a computer-style ribbon cable connecting CD to radio, and that has become loose/faulty, but the dealer claims to have checked the connections.

The car is currently back with the dealer (sixth time) having the changer replaced, so hopefully that will be the end of the problem. If not then I will certainly insist that they pay closer attention to the connection between CD and radio, before insisting on an independent examination of the car as suggested by Mike.

Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know how it turns out - hopefully I'll have the car back in full working order tomorrow evening.

All the best,

Tony

**UPDATE**

The dealer delivered the car back today, stereo in full working order. I have given it a good run and everything seems fine at last. The cause is still a little uncertain, but I think we are putting it down to a dud CD player.

Thanks again guys for your help,

Tony