View Single Post
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 17:57   #2
Guru
Premier Member

Hi, congrats on your decision to buy a Volvo

I have the Performance setup in my 2004, and the sound quality is superb! I'm sure it's even better in the newer models with default AUX/mp3 support. iPod support is an option.

And my car is also electric silver, but as you said, you'll have to see it in person to decide on whether you like or not.

Here's what i found on Volvo's international web page about the audio systems>

Performance audio system
Integrated into the car's centre console, there's nothing average about our standard Performance audio system. It includes an advanced RDS radio, giving you access to up-to-date traffic information, a CD player, four loudspeakers specially designed to suit the car's acoustic profile and a 4 x 20 W amplifier. Plus – as you'd expect – the ergonomically designed buttons and intuitively navigable functions make it easy for you to keep your eyes on the road. There is also an auxiliary input you can use to connect your MP3 player to the audio system.

Options: Steering wheel remote control, USB and iPod® Music Interface is available as an accessory.

High Performance audio system
A powerfully versatile system. Each loudspeaker is fitted with a more powerful magnet and a larger coil. In combination with the amplifier, this system promotes excellent transient reproduction and high power – quite simply superb sound.

High Performance equipment includes: RDS radio, MP3 and WMA compatible CD player, USB, 4x40 W High Performance amplifier, 8 High Performance loudspeakers

Options: Steering wheel integrated controls. A 6-CD changer is available (replaces the CD player) – this option deletes the USB input, but a USB and iPod® Music Interface (accessory) can be added.

Premium Sound audio system with Dynaudio
The Premium sound system is probably the best in class. For truly discerning listeners, this system delivers world-class sound with Dolby® Pro Logic® II surround sound. The twelve Dynaudio loudspeakers are specially designed to give you the very best audio reproduction in your Volvo and, combined with the powerful amplifier, they offer you natural sound at all volume levels. With the Premium sound system, centre loudspeaker and sophisticated sound processing calibrated specifically for your Volvo, you and your passengers will experience a full range of sound and a well-balanced stereo image no matter where one sits.

Components include: RDS radio, MP3 and WMA compatible CD player, separate 5x130 W D-class digital amplifier, 130 W centre speaker, Dolby Pro Logic® II surround sound, 12 Dynaudio Loudspeakers, USB and AUX input in front centre armrest

Options: Steering wheel integrated controls. A 6-CD changer is available (replaces the CD player) – this option deletes the USB input, but a USB and iPod® Music Interface (accessory) can be added.

For more info click http://www.volvocars.com/intl/All-Ca...Equipment.aspx then in Tech & Sound click audio.

Last edited by Guru; Jul 3rd, 2009 at 18:00.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guru For This Useful Post: